Bristol Unibus FAQs
You may have a question or two about the Bristol Unibus services, we hope you can find the answers to common questions below.
Bristol Unibus U1 pass:
- U1 - Stoke Bishop to City Centre (via Bristol Campus)
University of Bristol Students living in a University-allocated accommodation (except postgraduates in postgraduate-only residences) are eligible for a free bus pass (mTicket) for unlimited travel on the U1, 3, 4 & 72/72A services.
Bristol Unibus U2 pass:
- U2 - Langford Campus to City Centre (via Bristol Campus)
Bristol Veterinary School Students who’s teaching is primarily based at the Langford Campus will receive a free bus pass (mTicket) for unlimited travel on the Unibus U2 service.
Tickets can also be purchased for both services by other students, staff and the general public.
- Download our app, search "First bus" in your app store – you need an Internet connection to do this.
- Set your First Bus region to Bristol, Bath and the West
- From the m-tickets menu select Bristol, Bath and the West and then Bristol
- Select Student Travel and for Service U1: Add University of Bristol – Unibus U1 Uni Year (£199) to your basket, or for Service U2: Add University of Bristol - Unibus U2 Year (£279).
- A small number of students will be entitled to both the U1 and U2 services – see Step 4 above.
- Checkout and sign up for an account, then enter the 10 character voucher code you have been emailed to get your Unibus pass FREE*. If you are entitled to both the U1 and U2 bus passes you will have received two separate emails with two different 10 character voucher codes.
- Download your Unibus Year mTicket before 21 September (7 September for U2) and it will be stored in the purchased area of the ticket wallet then moved automatically into the active area on 21 September (7 September for U2) when the service starts. Download it later and it will automatically activate and appear in your active ticket wallet
- Scan the QR code as you get on the bus, every time you travel
*Your Unibus U1 UniYear mTicket gives you free travel on the U1. You can upgrade to a city-wide First Bus mTicket by selecting University of Bristol - Uni Year – Bristol Zone (£349) in the First Bus app and using your voucher code at checkout to buy it for just £50. Or you can upgrade until 31 January 2022 at the same price by complete this request form.
You need an internet/data connection to purchase an mTicket. A weak phone signal when you board your bus should not be a problem. However, the First Bus App does need to communicate with our system on a regular basis to keep itself up to date when you're out and about, so long periods without connection may cause an issue.
Please note the app is not designed to work with Wi-Fi only devices such as tablets and iPods.
The First Bus App is only designed to work with one device per account. However should customers purchase a new handset, or lose or damage their current device, they will be able to transfer their tickets over.
1. Log off from your mTicket account on your old phone (if possible).
2. Download the app and login to your mTicket account on your new phone
3. Check the Ticket Wallet screen. You should find a green panel containing a button to start the transfer process.
If the button is not visible, please ensure you have a data connection and refresh the app (on an iPhone tap the screen three times, or on Android select Refresh from the menu button).
Customers are able to complete the above process twice a month but further requests are subject to approval by a member of our Customer Service team. Please don’t attempt to share your ticket with anyone else.
Unibus U1 Uni Year Pass - Travel between 20 September 2021 and 10 June 2022
- Service U1 - Travel on entire route, term times only
- 3 - Travel on entire route
- 4 - Travel on entire route
- 72/72A - Travel on entire route
Unibus U2 Year Pass - Travel between 6 September 2021 to 2 September 2022
- Service U2 - Travel on entire route
Unibus U1 Uni Year Pass
From 20 September 2021 and 10 June 2022. Please note that the U1 Service runs during term time only. The U1 does not operate on Bank Holidays.
Unibus U2 Year Pass
From 6th September 2021 to 2nd September 2022. Please note that the U2 Service does not operate on bank holidays or between 24 December 2021 and 3 January 2022 inclusive.
Bristol Unibus U1
Bristol Unibus U1 is a dedicated Unibus service that links the University of Bristol Stoke Bishop residential campus with the University of Bristol Clifton Campus and the City Centre.
Bristol Unibus U2
Bristol Unibus U2 is a dedicated Unibus service that links the University of Bristol Clifton Campus with the University of Bristol Langford Campus.
University of Bristol - Staff and Student Travel Offers
The University has negotiated the following offers that are available exclusively to University of Bristol staff and students.