Bristol Unibus FAQs
You may have a question or two about the Bristol Unibus services, we hope you can find the answers to common questions below.
Bristol Unibus U1 pass:
- U1 - Stoke Bishop to City Centre (via Bristol Campus)
University of Bristol Students living in a University-allocated accommodation (except postgraduates in postgraduate-only residences) are eligible for a free bus pass (mTicket) for unlimited travel on the U1 service.
Bristol Unibus U2 pass:
- U2 - Langford Campus to City Centre (via Bristol Campus)
Bristol Veterinary School Students who’s teaching is primarily based at the Langford Campus will receive a free bus pass (mTicket) for unlimited travel on the Unibus U2 service.
Tickets can also be purchased for both services by other students, staff and the general public.
- Download our app, search "First bus" in your app store – you need an Internet connection to do this.
- Set your First Bus region to Bristol, Bath and the West
- From the m-tickets menu select Bristol, Bath and the West and then Bristol
- Select Student Travel and for Service U1: Add University of Bristol – Unibus U1 Uni Year (£199) to your basket, or for Service U2: Add University of Bristol - Unibus U2 Year (£279).
- A small number of students will be entitled to both the U1 and U2 services – see Step 4 above.
- Checkout and sign up for an account, then enter the 13 character voucher code you have been emailed to get your Unibus pass FREE*. If you are entitled to both the U1 and U2 bus passes you will have received two separate emails with two different 13 character voucher codes.
- Download your Unibus Year mTicket before 21 September (7 September for U2) and it will be stored in the purchased area of the ticket wallet then moved automatically into the active area on 21 September (7 September for U2) when the service starts. Download it later and it will automatically activate and appear in your active ticket wallet
- Scan the QR code as you get on the bus, every time you travel
*Your Unibus U1 UniYear mTicket gives you free travel on the U1. You can upgrade to a city-wide First Bus mTicket by selecting University of Bristol - Uni Year – Bristol Zone (£329) in the First Bus app and using your voucher code at checkout to buy it for just £50. Or you can upgrade until 31 January 2021 at the same price by emailing email@example.com.
Unibus U1 Uni Year Pass - Travel between 21 September 2020 and 18 June 2021
- Services U1 - Travel on entire route, term times only
Unibus U2 Year Pass - Travel between 7 September 2020 to 6 September 2021
- Service U2 - Travel on entire route
Unibus U1 Uni Year Pass
From Monday 21 September 2020 to 18 June 2021. Please note that the U1 Service runs during term time only. The U1 does not operate on Bank Holidays.
Unibus U2 Year Pass
From 7th September 2020 to 6th September 2021. Please note that the U2 Service does not operate on bank holidays or between 24 December 2020 and 3 January 2021 inclusive.
Bristol Unibus U1
Bristol Unibus U1 is a dedicated Unibus service that links the University of Bristol Stoke Bishop residential campus with the University of Bristol Clifton Campus and the City Centre.
Bristol Unibus U2
Bristol Unibus U2 is a dedicated Unibus service that links the University of Bristol Clifton Campus with the University of Bristol Langford Campus.
University of Bristol - Staff and Student Travel Offers
The University has negotiated the following offers that are available exclusively to University of Bristol staff and students.