Cheaper bus travel...another student essential.
Here at First Bus, we know that students appreciate cheaper bus travel, and if that's what you’re looking for, then our great value First Student bus passes make this possible. Whether you’re on your way to a lecture or need a safe ride home from a well-deserved night out, we’re making your journey easier and cheaper.
If you want to find out more information on our student tickets and services, use the drop-down box below to find your area.
First Bus app
Many of our discounted student tickets can be bought on the First Bus app. Learn more about our latest app updates.
Student Travel FAQs
Select your area below for more information of student travel:
Bristol, Bath and the West (Colleges)
Bristol, Bath and the West (Universities)
Halifax, Calder Valley & Huddersfield
Norfolk and Suffolk
South and West Wales (Swansea Unibws)
South and West Wales (College services)
Most student tickets have a set validity period based on the school, college or university term dates. Please check your ticket description as some tickets will automatically activate on a set date.
Verifying your student email address is a simple process, you can follow the steps below:
1. If your ticket needs to be verified, you'll see a list of valid email address domains that can be used to buy the ticket.
2. If your student email address domain is included in the list, you can go ahead and purchase your ticket.
3. Once purchased, you'll receive a link to the email address associated with your First Bus app account to start the verification process.
4. Click on the link and enter your student email address (associated with your school, college or university).
5. Click on verify and you're done!
Please make sure you verify your student status within 30 days of purchasing the ticket.
If your school, college or university isn't included on the list of valid email domains for the student ticket, you can contact our team here.
We're sorry if you're having issues, any problems are usually resolved following the steps below.
- Have you purchased your ticket? You will only receive the verification link once the ticket has been purchased.
- Have you checked your email address spam/junk folder?
- Is your First Bus app account email address correct? If there is a spelling error in the email address on your account, you won't have received the verification link. You can amend your First Bus app account email by following the link below.
If these steps haven't helped, or if you have any further questions, you can contact our team here.
No, you can also use your personal email address to register for an account on the First Bus app.
However, if you already have an account and you'd like to amend your email address, you can contact our team here.
For a step-by-step guide on ticket gifting, please check our dedicated page here: https://www.firstbus.co.uk/buy-ticket/ticket-gifting.
Please note, the First Bus App must be installed on the phones of both parties and each must have their own account. Tickets that can be gifted show the share icon
Yes, you will need to show valid student ID to the driver (including photo and dates) when using your student ticket.
You can use your ticket on any service within the specified ticket zone. Please check the ticket description on the First Bus app or on our website for further details.