We're recruiting - apply now!
We want to give our customers great service and we can only do that by getting the right people in our team. You don’t need to be able to drive a bus yet, as our internationally recognised training will help you learn. You just need the right attitude and in return you’ll enjoy some of the great things that come from being part of our team…
A fantastic starting salary…
Depending on driving experience, you could start on a salary of £21,000 per year (£10.39 per hour). Plus, there are always opportunities for overtime to boost your earnings.
And a £500 Welcome Bonus!!
Join our team today and recieve a £500 welcome bonus! The first £200 will be awarded after successfully completing a 3 month probationary period, the second £300 once you complete 6 months continued service. T's and C's apply - see below!
Full time or part time hours…
You won’t see any zero-hour contracts as our people deserve to know exactly what hours they will be working and how much they’ll be earning each week. You can work either full time, where you’ll be contracted to 39 hours per week, or if you're a current PCV holder, you can also choose to work part time. The choice is yours.
Enjoy the variety…
You won’t get bored staring at the same four walls in this job, as each day brings something new. Our driver teams are the heartbeat of the great towns and cities they serve, providing an essential service in helping to keep our customers moving. You’ll be meeting loads of new people and making a difference to their day.
Be a part of something…
Our drivers love the atmosphere in the depot – a great team environment where colleagues become friends. Some employees have been with us for 25, 30 and even 40 years and really enjoy feeling part of one big family. And if you’re the ambitious type, it’s worth knowing that some of our most senior managers started off as drivers...
There are also a great range of other benefits:
- Up to 5 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- Company pension
- Free bus travel for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel on GWR, SWR and other First train companies
- High street discounts
- Smart uniform provided
- Staff buses for drivers on early and late shifts
We are now recruiting again and have multiple opportunities available for the following positions. Just click on the link below for more information and to apply, or call us on 07989 417 543:
Qualified & Trainee Bus Driver, Sheffield & Rotherham click here to find out more
Qualified & Trainee Bus Driver, Doncaster click here to find out more
£500 Welcome Bonus - Terms & Conditions
Welcome Bonus offer runs from 28th July 2021 - 1st September 2021.
Applicants must meet the normal First South Yorkshire recruitment, selection and licence criteria and must not have any of the following offences valid on their licence:
- CU80 (driving whilst using a mobile phone) in the last 4 years.
- DR (Drink) in the last 11 years
- DG (Drug) in the last 11 years
- DD (Reckless/dangerous driving in the last 11 years
Employees of any First Group operating companies who leave or who have left the company in the last 6 months and re-join will not be eligible to receive the PCV holder joining bonus. This also includes employees transferring in from other First Group operating companies.
- 1st payment of £200 after 3 months of driving service
- 2nd payment of £300 after 6 months of driving service
- Applicants must hold a valid PCV licence and Driver Qualification Card (CPC)
- Applicants who leave for whatever the reason before or in between each driving service anniversary date will not be eligible for the next bonus payment stage.
- If the applicant leaves for whatever reason before 3 months, the first part of the bonus will not be paid
- If the applicant leaves for whatever reason after 3 months but before 6 months, then the second part of the bonus will not be paid
- Drivers employed under an agency contract or where an agency introduction fee has been paid are not eligible for the PCV Joining Bonus
- The PCV Bonus scheme is only open for PCV driving roles
- Applicants must be on a full-time contract in order to be eligible to receive the Bonus Scheme
- The Bonus Scheme is dependant upon attendance and Drive Green performance
- This Bonus will only be payable to licence holders joining us after the date we launch the scheme (no retrospective payments)
- The Bonus Scheme may be withdrawn at any time
- Employees of any First Group operating companies who leave or who have left the company in the last 6 months and re-join will not be eligible to recieve the PCV holder Bonus Scheme. This also includes employees transferring in from other First Group operating companies
Sheffield Price Promise
We promise to offer Sheffield customers the best value fares.
Buses for Sheffield
Efficient, accessible and reliable bus travel across the city,
For useful information, that will help to answer most queries, please select from the options below which will take you to frequently asked questions and details of how to get in touch: Please choose from the following options: Lost Property » Journey Planning » Problem with your journey?