Aged 16 to 18?
Our Pass is a new scheme for young people aged 16-18 to help them easily access work and leisure opportunities, training, education and skills throughout Greater Manchester.
The pass entitles holders to free travel on local bus services across Greater Manchester and they can also buy off-peak 1-day and weekend travelcards for the tram (Metrolink) at half adult prices.
If you live in Greater Manchester, you can find out if you’re eligible and apply for Our Pass at the ourpass.co.uk website.
Our Pass is both an ID card and a smart card, which means you can link your card to a get me there account, buy a ticket online, store it on your card and use the smart readers when you travel.
Use your get me there account to buy:
- Discounted off-peak 1-day or weekend Metrolink travelcards - 50% off adult prices
- Adult Metrolink tickets
Using Our Pass to travel:
- Touch-in at the smart reader before boarding a tram or at the ticket machine as you board a bus
- Touch-out at the smart reader when you finish your journey by tram
- You don’t need to touch-out when traveling by bus
The smart readers on tram stops now accept contactless cards and devices for travel. Please move your smart card away from your payment cards, when you use a smart reader. For example, if you keep your card in a wallet or purse, remove it before you touch-in and touch-out. This will make sure you’re not charged on a contactless card you didn’t intend to use.
Over 18? Don't worry there are still savings to be made
Although over 18's can't use the Our Pass ticket, if you're still traveling regularly, choosing either our Adult FirstWeek or FirstMonth ticket on the First Bus app can still save you money.
- Our FirstWeek mTicket at £17 works out at just £2.43 a day, compared to paying £5.00 for a FirstDay mTicket
- Our FirstMonth mTicket at £62 works out at approx. £15.50* a week, compared to paying £17 for the FirstWeek mTicket
If you're over 18 and a student
If you're already at University, our StudentMonth mTicket gives you unlimited travel around Greater Manchester at a price of £45** for the whole month; which is less than you might spend on a night out with your mates. See more student ticket prices here.
* This price is calculated based on an average of four weeks in a month. The ticket is valid for one calendar month from the date of activation.
** £45 a month is the price of a Student Month ticket bought on the First Bus app. Ticket only valid with current college/university student photo ID card (NUS card not acceptable).
First Saver Tickets
Regular travellers save money with First!
Single ticket bundles
Buy ahead use when you want to travel. One ticket. Ten trips.
Aged 11 to 16?
If you're aged between 11 and 16, and you live or go to school in Greater Manchester, you can apply to get an igo pass.
Here at First Manchester, we have a comprehensive network of bus services connecting several towns and villages across Greater Manchester.