Youth fares from 1st February
The BSIP-funded youth fares scheme has been extended until 31st December 2024 and 17 to 18 year olds will now also be eligible for the discounted ticket. By keeping fares low for young persons we can help to build sustainable travel habits and address cost of living concerns.
From 1st February 2024:
- Up to 3 accompanied 5 – 16 year olds will travel free of charge with any fare paying adult
- Unaccompanied 5 – 18 year olds will be able to buy a £1 single fare for any journey within the City of York boundary
- The age of eligibility for the £2.50 All York Young Person’s Day ticket will be 5 - 18 years old
- A new £12.00 All York Young Person’s Week ticket will be made available in paper form for customers aged 5 - 18 years old, valid for any journeys within the City of York boundary on the day of issue and during the next six consecutive days.
Young persons will need to provide some form of evidence they are the appropriate age. These forms of identification include:
- A valid YOzone 16-18 card
- Wear school uniform
- The school/college ID
- Operator-issued ID
- Driver’s license