Trainee Bus Driver Jobs
Apply now at busdrivercareers.co.uk or call our training school on 07977055243
Don't worry if you've never driven anything bigger than a car before, as long as you've held a full UK drivers licence for 6 months (with a maximum of 6 penalty points), we can give you all the training you need to become a fully qualified bus driver. All training is paid at £12 an hour and takes around 6-8 weeks dependent on ability. Our training schools are on hand to help you with:
- Getting to know our business
- Training for a PCV (Passenger Carrying Vehicle) Licence
- Getting to know our buses and the routes of our services
- Ticket machine and ticket type training
- Safety training so you can keep you, your passengers, and your colleagues safe
Pay increases to our top rate of £13 an hour after the first 6 months. We also have flexible part-time and term-time shifts available once your training has been completed - talk to us about what flexible working would mean to you.
What we can offer you!
As a First Bus employee we can offer you:
- Full paid training which includes acquiring your bus driver licence
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- Pension scheme
- Opportunity to buy discounted First shares
- Discounted train travel for you and your family on GWR, SWR, TPE & Hull Trains
- First Xclusives rewards where you, your family and friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on a variety of goods and service
Who are we looking for?
No matter what your previous career path has been as long as you hold a full UK drivers licence we can train you to become a bus driver in York.
If you already have driving experience, we’ll expect you to be safety conscious and excited about the freedom that life on the road has to offer. Safety is paramount to our business, and customer service comes a very close second. If you have the drive, energy, and enthusiasm then we look forward to meeting you.
You'll need to be able to think on your feet, sometimes in challenging situations. You'll be used to dealing with customers, able to offer high levels of customer service skills and have some experience of handling cash transactions.
Interested? Apply now at busdrivercareers.co.uk or call our training school on 07977055243
Plan your journey from A to B!
First Bus network maps for York.
Find out about the current changes to our service.
We have a variety of bus tickets to suit all your journeys.