First Wessex introduces service changes as part of its winter timetable
Bus operator First Wessex has announced it will introduce service changes this month as it winds down its summer timetable and phases in its winter schedule.
Starting this weekend, company will introduce timetable changes for Services 1, 10, Jurassic Coaster services X54, X51/X53 and the Portland Coaster service 501, whilst the X52 and Lyme Regis P&R will finish for the summer. Further changes will follow on October 3rd.
From Saturday 4 September:
- The Jurassic Coaster service X52’s last day of operation is Saturday 4 September. Customers wanting the thrill of an open top bus ride can enjoy the Portland Coaster 501, which will operate at weekends from 4 September until 3 October when it will end for the winter season.
From Sunday 5 September:
- Jurassic Coaster services X51/X53 will have minor changes to certain school services.
- Weymouth services 1 and 10 will see frequency reductions for the winter season.
- The Lyme Regis P&R, which operates between Charmouth Road park & ride site and Holmbush, will end for this season. Its last day of operation is Sunday 5 September.
From 3 October:
- Jurassic Coaster services X54, X51/53 will see frequency reductions for the winter season.
- Portland Coaster service 501 will be ending for the winter season.
Customers are advised to consult the First Wessex website before traveling for the latest information as departure times may have changed: https://www.firstbus.co.uk/wessex-dorset-south-somerset/news-and-service-updates/coronavirus-covid19-service-information . For customers already at the bus stop, the First Bus app provides up-to-date information including a real-time view of where a bus is, how long before it arrives at a given bus stop, and how many seats are available.
Marc Reddy, Managing Director for First Wessex said:
We would like to thank all our passengers who used our services over the summer period. We've received much praise for our expanded open topper fleet as well as the new livery of our Jurassic Coaster fleet, all of which proved popular with holiday makers and our local customers. We hope that many people have rediscovered what a beautiful part of the world Dorset and the entire Jurassic Coast is, and that they plan to return for short breaks - and long ones.