Network changes for September to mitigate staff shortage13 Sep 2021 All Areas
Due to the national shortage of bus drivers, we are making some changes to our services. We want to make sure we deliver a safe reliable service to our customers with minimum disruption wherever possible.
Since 13th September
- Services 205, 206 and 215 will be operated by Morris Travel Carmarthen* for the foreseeable future
Week commencing 19th September
Below are temporary actions that we are implementing. These will be reviewed when our new recruits are trained (subject to staffing levels)
- Services 15 and 30 will be operated by South Wales Transport*
- Service X10 will be suspended. Patronage on this service is very low and while this service is suspended customers are able to make the journey by other services or by train
- Service 28 (currently one bus per hour to Penplas and 2 per hour to Penlan Roundabout) will be reduced to 2 buses per hour but with both running through to Penplas. We will allocate larger buses to the route to ensure capacity is available to meet the demand
- Service 6 will be reduced to hourly (currently half hourly)
- Service 4 will be reduced to run every 15 minutes (currently every 12 minutes)
- While University service are recommencing, we will not be running the 24 hour service with service 8 terminating around midnight and service 10 at 2200
- Services 110/111 will be reduced to run every 20 minutes (similar to the Saturday network)
- Services 81 and 82 in Port Talbot will be reduced to operate hourly (currently every 30 minutes)
- Service 87 will be reduced to operate every 30 minutes (currently every 20 minutes)
- Service 63 will be reduced to operate every 30 minutes (currently every 20 minutes)
- Service 64 will be reduced to operate every 2 hours (currently hourly)
- Service 65 will be reduced to operate every 2 hours (currently hourly)
Week commencing 26th September
- Service 19 and Service 22 will be operated by South Wales Transport*
You can preview the upcoming timetables by clicking on the 'Forthcoming' tab on our live timetables page.
We apologise for any inconvenience this causes. As we recruit new drivers, we must ensure that all new recruits go through our full extensive training programme. Our staff availability will be reviewed on a weekly basis. Once we have sufficient staffing numbers, we will gradually restore the network.
*Whilst these services are being run by other operators, please visit their website for timetable information: