We are RECRUITING!
Do you want to be part of our team of Engineers and maintenance staff repairing our fleet of vehicles? If yes, then this position could be the job for you!
We are currently seeking PSV/HGV Mechanics/Technicians to join our busy Engineering team in Swansea.
The salary for this position is £28,500 per year
The working hours are 39 per week
What will you be doing?
We are looking for someone who can:
- Diagnose and carry out vehicle repairs, servicing and parts replacement
- Diagnose vehicle faults and specify the correct method of repair and parts to be used
- Carry out vehicle servicing and routine vehicle examinations using hand held-data capture devices
- Attend roadside vehicle breakdowns and recoveries
- Carry out vehicle road testing where necessary to identify specific vehicle defects or following remedial repair.
Skills and experience:
- A minimum Level 3 NVQ standard of equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds Level 1&2)
- Ability to multi-skill within an Engineering Environment
- A flexible approach to working hours
- A PCV licence is desirable, ability to obtain PCV licence is essential
- Experience of working with buses & coaches would be an advantage
- A basic electrical understanding
You must be proficient in the overhaul and repair of vehicle systems engines, gear boxes and hydraulic systems.
You must also have experience using workshop equipment such as brake rolling road testers, tracking gauges, hydraulic vehicle lifts, washing systems and testing equipment.
What can we offer you?
- up to 5 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- company pension
- free bus travel for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel on GWR, SWR and other First train companies
- High Street discounts
We will provide you with all necessary safety and protective kit, including boots, overalls and any specialist equipment.
What we do?
First Bus is one of the UK's largest bus operators, our team of 17,000 journey makers helps 1.6 million customers every single day to get where they want to go.
Engineering is an integral part of our business focusing on efficiency, excellent, safety and reliability. We're constantly looking for ways to improve our processes, techniques and ways of engineering our very diverse fleet.
Working for First Bus UK you'll find your role varied, rewarding and satisfying. You'll work alongside a great team of technicians, mechanics, electricians and cleaners who all pull together to do a brilliant job! No two days will be the same.
If you are interested? APPLY NOW!
First Bus welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. We aspire to be a diverse and inclusive organisation because we believe that diversity brings benefits for our customers, communities and our people. Valuing our differences and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience helps us develop new services, open up new markets and broaden our customer base.