Got a PCV licence? Here's 1,505 reasons to join us!
We are looking for Qualified Bus Drivers (with PCV licences) to join our team in Swansea
Here are 1,505 reasons to join our team...
- A £20k+ salary
- £6 all-day train travel
- FREE bus travel
- High Street discounts
- Discounted share buying scheme
and a £1,500* bonus!
Find out more and apply here
*If you qualifiy, the £1500 bonus will be subject to tax and NI deductions. It will be paid in 3 instalments - £500 after 6 weeks, a further £500 after 6 months and a final payment of £500 after 12 months.
Do you fancy a change? We can offer you a rewarding career with a difference!
Going out on the open road as a bus driver, you'll work on your own initiative and take ownership of your bus on its travels, looking after passenger safety and providing a great customer experience. You'll drive different routes, issue tickets and drop people off at their destinations.
The salary for this position is £19,500+ per year and the working hours are 39 per week
- As a bus driver you will earn £9.64 per hour plus an increased rate for overtime and great benefits.
- After 6 months of service the basic rate will go up to £10.50 per hour Mon-Fri, the weekend rate will be £11.95 per hour.
- After 6 months of service the overtime rate will be £11.26 per hour and the weekend overtime rate will be £12.96 per hour!
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who is a good communicator and gets on well with people. You must be patient, a safe driver, reliable and calm under pressure. Happy to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, evenings and weekends, you should also have a full UK driving licence (with no more than 3 points).
Training & Qualifications:
Full paid training will be provided which includes;
- Training for a PCV Licence
- Vehicle and route familiarisation
- Ticket machine and ticket type training
What can we offer you?
- up to 5 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- company pension
- free bus travel for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel on GWR, SWR and other First train companies
- High Street discounts
We will also provide you with a uniform so no need to worry about having the right kit for the job!
What do we do?
First Cymru is the largest operator in the Swansea area operating routes along the picturesque Swansea Bay, Mumbles, Swansea Valley and Llanelli area.
South Wales Transport commenced operating on 2 May 1914 in Swansea with the early buses having solid tyres and staff and passengers exposed to the weather. Nowadays we are at the forefront of on bus technology, with real time information, tracking and contactless payments! We are a team strong of 250 employees and we move around 130,000 passengers each week.
Our most recent investments are in new, state-of-the-art buses across our key networks. We work proactively with our local authority partners, making a positive impact on air quality, tackling congestion and improving customer experience.
We are focused on First Bus becoming a leader in the transition to a low-carbon future and are committed to operating a zero-emission bus fleet by 2035; we have pledged not to purchase any new diesel buses after December 2022.