University of Stirling
First Bus proudly serve University of Stirling from our Bannockburn Depot. We work closely with the University to help staff and students get from A to B.
You can travel to Stirling University on services: Uni-Link, 51, 52, X53 and 54.
- Please click here to visit our current timetable section.
- Please click here to view forthcoming timetables, operating from 13th September.
- Please click here to visit our COVID-19 information page.
What to know before you travel:
|Ways to Pay: We still accept cash on board, but there are a number of cashless ways to pay available:
- Contactless Card Payments.
- Express Mode for Apple Pay.
- Buy tickets on the First Bus App, where you can store tickets on your phone and scan as you board your service.
Flexible Ticket Options: We offer a number of flexible ticket options on The First Bus App for those who do not need to travel every day.
- Stirling University Carnet tickets offer 10 single trips as a bundle. These single trips can be activated when required, and the remaining tickets will be stored in your mobile wallet until you next need to travel.
A reminder to follow government guidance when travelling by public transport, including wearing a face covering unless a medical condition prevents you from doing so.
How much does it cost?
Below we've listed the prices for tickets when you buy them on the bus, and when you buy on the First Bus App. We froze our fares from last year on the app so that you can access the cheapest tickets when you download it.
It means you store tickets on your phone to scan when you get on the bus and you can activate them when you need them.
|Ticket||On Bus Price||First Bus App Price|
Carnet (per journey)
*Please note Night services are not currently operating
|First 4 Week||£37.00||£35.00|
Travel with First Bus
We've introduced a number of tools to make your journey with First Bus even simpler!
First Bus App - In addition to planning your journey and buying your tickets on your phone, you can now check live seat availability on your bus before it arrives at your stop! Our app is free to download.
Space Checker - Busy week ahead? Our Space Checker tool allows you to plan ahead and check the time of day that your service is likely to be at it's busiest and choose a quieter time to travel. Try Space Checker here.
Enhanced Safety Features - Find out more about steps we've taken to ensure you can travel by bus with confidence! Including our recent accreditation as 'Good to Go' from Visit Scotland! Learn more here.
Where can I travel by Bus?
Check out the unilink map below to see the route and where you can travel to.
The Important Stuff
Don’t forget who you are: You’ll need your matriculation card to use your First students tickets and you cannot travel without it - No excuses! So for great value bus travel think TICKET and MATRICULATION CARD and off you go!