Bus driver recruitment - find out how to apply!
Join the First team!
Trainee drivers will be paid £11.00 per hour after training (approx 4/5 weeks).
We offer a Welcome Bonus of £1,975 (T&Cs apply) for all Full PCV Licence holders with a valid CPC qualification card.
We are currently recruiting for Trainee & PCV Licence holders to join our team, based at our depots in Balfron, Bannockburn, Larbert & Livingston.
Full-time postions (minimum 38 hours per week) and part-time positions (up to 25 hours a week) are available. Click on the "Driver Full-time" and "Driver Part-time" links for each depot below to apply NOW. Application form takes two minutes to complete.
1) Balfron (G63 0TU) Driver Full-time
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who is a good communicator, gets on well with people with great customer service skills. You must be patient, a safe driver, reliable and calm under pressure. Happy to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
About the roles
Being a Bus Driver with First Scotland East is about more than just driving. It’s about putting your excellent customer service skills to work. Connecting people and keeping entire communities moving in a congested world is a huge challenge – but it’s also very rewarding. We'll provide you with the support you need along the way.
- Trainee drivers will be paid £11.00 per hour after training (approx 4/5 weeks).
- Auto-enrolment into a company pension scheme, which includes life insurance
- Employee Share Save & Rewards Schemes
- Paid annual leave plus public holidays
- Unlimited bus travel for you and your family members (subject to conditions)
- Smart uniform provided
- Free continuous development towards renewing the Driver Qualification Card through the Driver CPC
- Excellent social and leisure facilities.
- Each year, you can purchase 20 FirstWeek bus scratchcard tickets, at £8 each
- Rail travel, e.g. Glasgow/Edinburgh to London for £6
- 48 x 1 Day Rover rail tickets for Great Western Railway, Trans Pennine Express, Avanti West Coast or SWR. These cost £6 per adult and £3 per child.
PCV Licence Holders
Already Qualified? We offer a Welcome Bonus off £1,975 (T&Cs apply) for all Full PCV Licence holders with a valid CPC qualification card. This is paid over 12 months, first payment of £975 will be made after completion of the 6 month probationary period with the final instalment of £1,000 being paid after completing 12 months service.
Our application process
If you're 18 years of age and are a PCV holder (for Qualified Bus Driver positions) with no more than three points on your licence, we'd love to hear from you.
Balfron, Bannockburn, Larbert & Livingston
As a qualified bus driver you will earn £11.10 per hour (£22,000+ per year) and the working hours are 39 per week.
Coronavirus - COVID19: For up-to-date customer and service information please visit our Coronavirus information page »
If you have lost anything on a First bus in the Scotland East operating area please contact us
Changes to our fares
We've made some changes to our fares and product range offering customers greater flexibility and value when they travel by bus.
Scotland East Network - Midland and West Lothian Welcome to your First bus Scoltand East Zone network maps.