Rotherham School Services
Making school travel safe
With children returning to school we have taken additional measures to ensure that they can return safely via First Bus.
We have implemented a daily enhanced cleaning regime across all our vehicles with additional focus on all handrails on board. More information can be found on our dedicated COVID web page, click here.
We are still operating our normal services, with restricted seating capacity of 50% to help with social distancing on-board. We have therefore added some additional buses to our busiest school routes and these services are designed exclusively for school children (service numbers are in the 400, 600 or 700 range). On these dedicated services the 50% reduced capacity does not apply – however wherever possible, school children are required to sit within their school ‘bubble’.
Please buy your ticket in advance via the First Bus App. If necessary, parents can purchase the ticket and then send it to their child’s phone using Ticket Gifting.
Dedicated school bus services (service numbers in the 400, 600 or 700 range):
- The 50% reduced capacity does not apply meaning the majority of seats are available to use – but wherever possible please sit with your school ‘bubble’
- Anyone aged over 11 should wear a face covering on a dedicated school bus service (unless your child is exempt)
Public bus services:
- Reduced capacity applies with only 50% of regular seats available to use
- It’s mandatory for anyone aged over 11 to wear a face covering on a public bus service (unless your child is exempt)
- You should only sit with a member of your own household e.g. a brother or sister
Rotherham & South Yorkshire Bus Ticket Prices We have every kind of First bus ticket to suit your journey.
For useful information, that will help to answer most queries, please select from the options below which will take you to frequently asked questions and details of how to get in touch: Please choose from the following options: Lost Property » Journey Planning » Problem with your journey?