First Leicester Travel Centre is closing permanently on 1 September 2023
Over the last 12 months, how our customers buy their bus travel has changed significantly, in addition, people’s lifestyle choices and advances in technology have influenced how and what payment platforms people want to use to buy their travel.
We have experienced a gradual decline in people utilising the services provided by the travel centre.
There are also more people now purchasing flexi tickets providing unlimited travel across several operators, all these changes have had an impact on footfall into our travel centre.
We want to thank all our customers who have used our travel centre facility over the years and want to reassure you there are still several options to continue buying your bus travel from us.
For general enquires
- If you have a question to ask about bus travel, there is an information centre in the Haymarket Bus Station and St. Margaret’s Bus Station.
- or you can contact us via the following channels.
Facebook @First Bus Leicester
live chat on First Bus App
Where you can buy tickets
- mTickets are one of the most convenient ways to buy a ticket for your travel.
Just download the First Bus App, it’s quick, easy and cash free, easy to follow instructions will guide you through the process,
- Most of our customers are now using this mobile platform, as it saves trying to find cash at the time of purchase, it also helps speed up boarding time and journey times getting people to their destinations more quickly.
- On-board: you can still buy tickets on the bus using cash and the contactless payment facility is available for card transactions.
- If you have been issued a ‘change voucher’ from a bus driver, this can be redeemed in full against any fare or ticket. You can ask any First bus driver to redeem the full balance if they have sufficient amount of change on them.
- If you have lost an item on the bus, please call our customer services line on 0345 646 0707 or go online and register your lost item here https://www.firstbus.co.uk/leicester/help-and-support/lost-property
- To claim lost property our customer services team will arrange an appointment, please do not come to our offices without arranging this first as we may not be able to help