Bus driver jobs - apply now!
Right now, we’re looking for people from all walks of life to join us as bus drivers in Leeds!
It’s an opportunity to experience a driving role that’s surprisingly more than just driving in a friendly working environment. It's about meeting new customers and lots of different characters, delivering brilliant customer service, thinking on your feet and enjoying the freedom of life on the road. We offer the rewards you really want, like great pay and flexible benefits for you and your family!
Qualified & Trainee bus driver roles apply today!
We are currently recruiting for qualified & trainee bus drivers to work from our depot in Leeds! If you’re interested in joining us we’d be delighted to hear from you – start your application today using the link below or visit www.firstgroupcareers.com.
Who are we looking for? If you already have driving experience, we’ll expect you to be safety conscious and excited about the freedom that life on the road has to offer. And if you’re new to a driving career, we’ll provide all the training you need to get you up to speed. Either way, you'll need to be able to think on your feet, sometimes in challenging situations. You'll be used to dealing with customers, and you'll have some experience of handling cash transactions. You must also be happy to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
Fully Qualified PCV Driver & Trainee Bus Driver
As a bus driver you will be earning £10.65 per hour. This is a permanent role and you will be contracted to 36.5 or 43.7 hours per week (depending on whether you choose to work four or five days).
Existing licence holders will now receive a £1k welcome bonus.
**£1k welcome bonus** Comes with a £1,000 sign-up bonus. The first £500 after successfully completing a 6 month probationary period, the second £500 once you complete 12 months continued service. T's and C's apply - see below!
If this sounds like something you’re interested in, apply online today here
What we can offer you!
As a qualified & trainee bus driver we can offer you the following:
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- Pension scheme
- The chance to buy discounted First shares
- Discounted train travel for you and your family on our train operators (GWR, SWR, TPE & Hull Trains)
- On top of this our rewards include First Xclusives where you and your family and friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on a variety of goods and services
£1,000 Welcome Bonus Terms and Conditions
- Applications between 12th July 2021 and 30th Dec 2021 for licence holders that hold full DCPC with a min of 12 months entitlement before expiry. Further paid DCPC training covered by First West Yorkshire Training Team.
- Paid £500 at the end of probation (6 months) subject to continued employment and further £500 paid after 12 months of driving service.
- Employees of any First Group operating companies who leave or who have left the company in the last 6 months and re-join will not be eligible to receive the PCV holder joining bonus.
- Excludes internal transfers.
- Applicants must meet the normal First West Yorkshire recruitment, selection and licence criteria and must not have any of the following offences valid on their licence: 1/ CU80 (driving whilst using a mobile phone) in the last 4 years. 2/ DR (Drink) in the last 11 years. 3/ DG (Drug) in the last 11 years. 4/ DD (Reckless/dangerous driving) in the last 11 years.
- Applicants who leave for whatever the reason before or in between each driving service anniversary date will not be eligible for the next bonus payment stage.
- If the applicant leaves for whatever reason before 6 months, the first part of the bonus will not be paid.
- If the applicant leaves for whatever reason after 6 months, but before 12 months then the second part of the bonus will not be paid.
- Drivers employed under an agency contract or where an agency introduction fee has been paid are not eligible for the PCV joining bonus.
- The PCV bonus scheme is only open for PCV driving roles.
- The bonus scheme may be withdrawn at any time.
Apply online today at www.firstgroupcareers.com
Message from our Managing Director
Hello and welcome to First in West Yorkshire.
See what we're doing with your feedback
We've introduced 'Tell First Bus' so you can tell us how you feel about travelling with us in Leeds and to help us to improve our service.
Sign up to our mailing list
Want to be kept up to date with all the latest from First West Yorkshire?
View FAQs and find details of how to get in touch.