Sandy Summer Daze - The Piece Hall
Get a piece of the seaside action at The Piece Hall!
We've partnered with The Piece Hall to bring a family summer event to the famous Grade 1 listed leisure and tourism venue and, we're making it an annual occasion!
Find out about our First Summer tickets and how to travel by bus below - click here!
Enjoy the sand between your toes, the sound of the beach and an ice cream or two!
Together, we're transforming the giant courtyard at The Piece Hall into a beachfront packed with traditional attractions to bring a staycation seaside holiday atmosphere to Halifax! Sandy Summer Daze takes place from Friday 23rd to Tuesday 27th July and there's lots to see and do! It's all part of our shared ambition to support the local economy and build on life returning to the streets of Halifax!
- A beach area with 75 deck chairs for parents and children together with buckets & spades and colourful beach huts.
- A promenade featuring amusements including a peep-through display and giant deck chair for photo memories of a family day out beside the seaside!
- Live music by bands and artists preparing for the Brodstock Festival in nearby Hipperholme in August, which is also being supported by First Bus.
- Surrounding the beach area will be pop-up food stalls including fish & chips, ice-cream stands and a beach-themed event bar.
How to get involved:
- The beach area will be open from 10am - 6pm each day with free entry for ticket holders. Families can book one of five 75-minute sessions throughout the day to relax and have fun in the sand!
Free tickets for the beach area are now SOLD OUT! But you can still pop down to enjoy everything else that’s on offer – entertainment, food & drink and browse in the independent shops at The Piece Hall.
Choose our new mTickets for summer travel - find out more here
First Summer Day mTicket:
Valid on Fridays (after 18:00pm), Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays - travel all day across West Yorkshire for just £4.00 on our app!
First Single mTicket:
£2 flat fare mTicket valid for any single journey across West Yorkshire!
Travel the easy way and download the First Bus App to plan your journey and buy your mTickets!
Safe and responsible travel!
Here’s some tips to help you travel safely and responsibly:
- Live capacity tracking: use the First Bus App to track where your bus is, how far it is from your stop, and how many seats are free. Download our App here.
- Space Checker: check your service here for the busiest and quietest times to travel and choose the best time to suit you.
- Face coverings: We are following government guidance and recommend all customers wear a face mask whilst on board. The government now "expects and recommends that people wear face coverings in crowded areas such as public transport."