Bus driver jobs - apply now!
Qualified & Trainee Bus Drivers Wanted
We are recruiting for both qualified and trainee bus drivers to work from our depot in Halifax, Calder Valley & Huddersfield. If you’re interested, we’d be delighted to hear from you – start your application by visiting www.firstgroupcareers.com.
Talk to us about...
- Friendly and inclusive working environments
- Flexible work patterns to fit in with your lifestyle
- Range of different shifts including term time work
- Great pay for part-time and full-time roles
- First-class training for you to excel
- Free family bus travel & other rewards
Who are we looking for?
If you already have driving experience, we’ll expect you to be safety conscious and excited about the freedom that life on the road has to offer. If you’re new to a driving career, we’ll provide all the training you need to get you up to speed. Safety is paramount to our business, and customer service comes a very close second. If you have the drive, energy, and enthusiasm then we look forward to meeting you. You'll need to be able to think on your feet, sometimes in challenging situations. You'll be used to dealing with customers, able to offer high levels of customer service skills and have some experience of handling cash transactions.
What we can offer you!
As a First Bus employee we can offer you:
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- Pension scheme
- Opportunity to buy discounted First shares
- Discounted train travel for you and your family on GWR, SWR, TPE & Hull Trains
- First Xclusives rewards where you, your family and friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on a variety of goods and services
Fully Qualified PCV Driver & Trainee Bus Driver
As a trainee bus driver you will be earning £10.00 per hour. This is a permanent role and you will be contracted to a 37-hour working week.
Existing licence holders will receive a £1k welcome bonus. The first £500 will be paid after successfully completing a 6 month probationary period, the second £500 once you complete 12 months continued service. Terms and conditions apply.
£1,000 Welcome Bonus T&Cs
- Applications between 12th July 2021 and 30th Dec 2021 for licence holders that hold full DCPC with a min of 12 months entitlement before expiry. Further paid DCPC training covered by First West Yorkshire Training Team.
- Paid £500 at the end of probation (6 months) subject to continued employment and further £500 paid after 12 months of driving service.
- Employees of any First Group operating companies who leave or who have left the company in the last 6 months and re-join will not be eligible to receive the PCV holder joining bonus.
- Excludes internal transfers.
- Applicants must meet the normal First West Yorkshire recruitment, selection and licence criteria and must not have any of the following offences valid on their licence: 1/ CU80 (driving whilst using a mobile phone) in the last 4 years. 2/ DR (Drink) in the last 11 years. 3/ DG (Drug) in the last 11 years. 4/ DD (Reckless/dangerous driving) in the last 11 years.
- Applicants who leave for whatever the reason before or in between each driving service anniversary date will not be eligible for the next bonus payment stage.
- If the applicant leaves for whatever reason before 6 months, the first part of the bonus will not be paid.
- If the applicant leaves for whatever reason after 6 months, but before 12 months then the second part of the bonus will not be paid.
- Drivers employed under an agency contract or where an agency introduction fee has been paid are not eligible for the PCV joining bonus.
- The PCV bonus scheme is only open for PCV driving roles.
- The bonus scheme may be withdrawn at any time.