Sweeney's Cruises operates scheduled loch tours and Waterbus services linking the scenice villages of Balloch, Luss and Balmaha.
Whether you’re looking to join one of the daily sightseeing cruises, a celebration or a memorable corporate event, you'll find Sweeny's luxury fleet of boats are equipped for the occasion.
One of the longest running family businesses in Scotland, Sweeney's Cruise Co. has operated boats on Loch Lomond since the 1880s, and in that time has come to know every inch of the Loch's 23 miles, its varied wildlife, wealth of history, legend and folklore.
We'll help get you there! Services 1,1A,1E will take you to Balloch. For the latest timetable information please click here.
Sit back and relax on this one hour round trip. You will cruise along the Loch’s western shore beyond the stately homes of historic Scottish industrialists, all within view of the magnificent Ben Lomond, Scotland’s most southerly Munro. From there it’s on towards Inchmurrin Island, the largest inland island in Great Britain and home to the ruins of the 12th century Lennox Castle, before making a return trip past Balloch Castle and Country Park.
What's more Sweeney's Cruises are offering 20% off their 1 hour Experience Cruise!...
Terms and conditions:
1. This offer entitles the bearer 20% off full price adult, youth or child ticket. This ticket is not valid in conjunction with any other offer, online booking or discounted rate including family tickets.
2. This ticket is valid for the 1 hour “Experience Cruise” departing Sweeney’s Cruise Co Balloch only.
3. Sweeney’s Cruise Co reserve the right to cancel or delay cruises without prior warning
4. For full terms and conditions please visit www.sweeneyscruiseco.com/terms-conditions
For more info on Sweeney's Cruise services visit: http://www.sweeneyscruiseco.com/cruises/
Why travel with us to get on board your next Sweeney's Cruise?
There are numerous reasons why it's easy to get around by bus.
Keeping you safe
We want to make sure that every passenger is confident when travelling with us. That’s why we’re working extra hard behind the scenes with an enhanced daily cleaning regime. Here’s a reminder of what you can do to protect yourself and those around you:
- Wear a face covering: The Government has stated that it is mandatory for passengers to wear face coverings while travelling on public transport. You must wear a face covering when travelling on our buses unless you meet the exemption criteria set by the Government.
- Open windows: Keeping the windows open a little helps air circulation.
- Use the First Bus app: Not only can you buy your tickets in advance, but you can plan to travel when the bus is quieter using the Space Checker tool. Plus you can buy your tickets in advance, plan your journey, check live bus times, track your bus and check live seat capacity.
- Pay contactless: To avoid handling money, pay using a contactless card, Google or Apple Pay.
- Keep your distance from others: To help you keep a safe distance from other passengers, we’ve marked out which seats aren’t available to sit on.
We offer a wide range of tickets including flexible tickets, which are handy for making occasional trips by bus. We’re still accepting exact cash payments on our buses (we operate exact fare only/no change given) but you could download the First Bus app for our cheapest tickets. And don’t forget you have the option to pay contactless on all of our buses.
Flexible Ticket Bundles
A Flexible Life Needs a Flexible Ticket.
Introducing First Day Ticket Bundles, designed to suit your travel needs by offering a flexible travel solution.
In response to a new blend of home and office working, our newly available Bundle Tickets offer a value for money option to suit changing routines.
FirstDay Bundles are avalable exclusively on the First Bus App, including 5-Day, 10-Day and 15-day options which can be activated individually when required, with the remaining tickets stored on your phone until next time.
Student Ticket options are also available, for those returning to College or University on a blended or part-time basis.
First Day Bundle Prices
Remember when purchasing Student Tickets, a valid matriculation card must be shown to the driver upon boarding the bus.
First Bus App
These tickets are available to buy on the First Bus App, which is free to download.
As well as buying tickets in advance, you can track your bus in real-time and view how many seats are available before it reaches your stop!
Click the icons below to download, or simply search 'First Bus' to in your Google Play or App Store.
Flexi 10 tickets
Ten handy single tickets bought on our App to use whenever you want. They’re valid for 12 months but aren't valid for travel on Glasgow Airport Express service 500. Ideal if you’re commuting just a few times a week!
Flexi 5 tickets
Five handy single tickets bought on our App. Use whenever you want, they’re valid for 12 months. (Not valid for travel on Glasgow Airport Express service 500). Ideal if you’re only travelling once or twice a month.
Travelling during the pandemic
Guidance on travelling within Scotland is available here.
First Bus App
Download the First Bus App to plan your journey in advance. Use our Space Checker tool to plan ahead and travel with confidence. Space Checker allows you to see when your preferred bus stop and service is typically at its busiest and perhaps choose a quieter time to travel. You'll find it on the First Bus app or here.
Glasgow Life We are proud to have an ongoing partnership with Glasgow Life and help bring communities together.
Glasgow Warriors We are proud to be an Official Partner of Glasgow Warriors since 2017.
Laser Clinics UK - Silverburn
Laser Clinics UK - Silverburn Looking to upgrade your beauty routine?
North Lanarkshire Heritage Centre
Discover the fascinating history of North Lanarkshire with the whole family through a variety of exhibitions and archives collection.
Motherwell Concert Hall and Theatre
Motherwell Concert Hall and Theatre Motherwell Concert Hall and Theatre is a large multi purpose arts and entertainment facility located in Motherwell.
Princes Square Looking for a unique shopping experience in Glasgow?
SEA LIFE Loch Lomond
SEA LIFE Loch Lomond Fancy a fun family day out?
Summerlee Museum of Scottish Industrial Life
Summerlee Museum is situated on a 20 acre site with free admission and all-weather facilities.