Bus driver recruitment - find out how to apply!
Join the First team!
Earn £13 per hour (Basic £27,000 & earn up to £32,000 per year)
We are currently recruiting for Trainee & PCV Licence holders to join our team, based at our depots in Blantyre, Caledonia (city centre), Dumbarton, Overtown and Scotstoun. Full-time postions (minimum 38 hours per week) and part-time positions (up to 25 hours a week) are available. Click on the "Driver Full-time" and "Driver Part-time" links for each depot below to apply NOW. Application form takes two minutes to complete.
- Trainee & PCV Qualified drivers will be paid £13.00 per hour from day 1 in our City Depots (Caledonia & Scotstoun)
- Trainee & PCV Qualified drivers will be paid £12.35 per hour from day 1 in our Suburban Depots (Blantyre, Dumbarton & Overtown) and a small number of Caledonia/Scotstoun services.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who is a good communicator, gets on well with people with great customer service skills. You must be patient, a safe driver, reliable and calm under pressure. Happy to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
About the roles
Being a Bus Driver with First Glasgow is about more than just driving. It’s about putting your excellent customer service skills to work. Connecting people and keeping entire communities moving in a congested world is a huge challenge – but it’s also very rewarding. We'll provide you with the support you need along the way.
- Trainee & Qualified drivers will be paid £13.00 per hour from day 1 in our City Depots (Caledonia & Scotstoun)
- Trainee & Qualified drivers will be paid £12.35 per hour from day 1 in our Suburban Depots (Blantyre, Dumbarton & Overtown) and a small number of Caledonia/Scotstoun services
- Allocation of Rota immediately, No spare weeks
- No Cash handling involved
- Auto-enrolment into a company pension scheme, which includes life insurance
- Employee Share Save & Rewards Schemes
- Paid annual leave plus public holidays
- Unlimited bus travel for you and your family members (subject to conditions)
- Smart uniform provided
- Free continuous development towards renewing the Driver Qualification Card through the Driver CPC
- Excellent social and leisure facilities, including gyms in 4 out of 6 of our depots
- Each year, you can purchase 20 FirstWeek bus scratchcard tickets, at £8 each
- Rail travel, e.g. Glasgow/Edinburgh to London or Manchester or Liverpool for £6 per person
- 48 x 1 Day Rover rail tickets for Great Western Railway, Trans Pennine Express, Avanti West Coast or SWR. These cost £6 per adult and £3 per child.
There are flexible working opportunities across 2, 3, 4 or 5 days. Up to 25 hours per week.
Our application process
If you're 18 years of age and are a PCV holder (for Qualified Bus Driver positions) with no more than three points on your licence, we'd love to hear from you.
Caledonia (G42 7BH), Scotstoun (G14 0AQ)
If you already have a PCV licence or a Trainee, you will automatically come in at £13.00 per hour.
Blantyre (G72 0LA), Dumbarton (G82 2RF) & Overtown (ML2 0RS)
If you already have a PCV licence or a Trainee, you will automatically come in at £12.35 per hour..
Welcome to our Journey Planner where we can help you plan your journey from A to B!
Greater Glasgow - Network Maps Welcome to your First bus Greater Glasgow network maps.
If you’ve left something on one of our buses, find out what to do.