Bus driver recruitment - find out how to apply!
Join the First team!
Trainee drivers will be paid £11.00 per hour after training (approx 4/5 weeks).
PCV Licence holders will be paid a £4,000 sign on bonus.
We are currently recruiting for Trainee & PCV Licence holders to join our team, based at our depots in Blantyre, Caledonia (city centre), Dumbarton, Overtown and Scotstoun.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who is a good communicator, gets on well with people with great customer service skills. You must be patient, a safe driver, reliable and calm under pressure. Happy to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
About the roles
Being a Bus Driver with First Glasgow is about more than just driving. It’s about putting your excellent customer service skills to work. Connecting people and keeping entire communities moving in a congested world is a huge challenge – but it’s also very rewarding. We'll provide you with the support you need along the way.
The application process consists of an online questionaire, interview and assessment followed by medical checks.
- Trainee drivers will be paid £11.00 per hour after training (approx 4/5 weeks). During training you will be paid between £10.00 per hour
- Auto-enrolment into a company pension scheme, which includes life insurance
- Employee Share Save & Rewards Schemes
- Paid annual leave plus public holidays
- Unlimited bus travel for you and your family members (subject to conditions)
- Smart uniform provided
- Free continuous development towards renewing the Driver Qualification Card through the Driver CPC
- Excellent social and leisure facilities, including gyms in 4 out of 6 of our depots
- Each year, you can purchase 20 FirstWeek bus scratchcard tickets, at £8 each
- Rail travel, e.g. Glasgow/Edinburgh to London for £6
- 48 x 1 Day Rover rail tickets for Great Western Railway, Trans Pennine Express, Avanti West Coast or SWR. These cost £6 per adult and £3 per child.
PCV Licence Holders
If you already hold a PCV Licence and join First Glasgow, you will receive a £4,000 sign on bonus. A payment of £2,000 after six months and £2,000 after 12 months. This bonus applies to applications from October 29th 2021.
Our application process
If you're 18 years of age and are a PCV holder (for Qualified Bus Driver positions) with no more than three points on your licence, we'd love to hear from you.
Blantyre, Dumbarton & Overtown
If you already have a PCV licence, you will automatically come in at £11.00 per hour (pay rates increase to £11.73 p/h). You will be contracted to a minimum of 38 hours per week but average rota lengths are around 42hrs per week.
If you already have a PCV licence, you will automatically come in at £11.00 per hour (pay rates increase to £12.35 p/h). You will be contracted to a minimum of 38 hours per week but average rota lengths are around 42hrs per week.
See what we're doing with your feedback
We've introduced 'Tell First Bus' so you can tell us how you feel about travelling with us.
Local market report
Please see our annual report providing an insight into our business and the markets we serve.
View FAQs and find details of how to get in touch.