Busloads to love
There's busloads to discover with First Bus!
Keep getting around for £2 this Winter.
Busloads of amazing sights to see and new memories to make, busloads of evenings out with old friends and funny selfies to take, from pub quizzes with mates to that special first date, with free museums to explore and cocktails to pour... because when travel costs less, you can do a whole lot more.
Let us get you where you need to be, with great value fares across all of Essex:
- Travel to anywhere in Colchester from as little as £18.00 per week or in Chelmsford and Basildon for only £26.00 per week using Tap & Cap. Each tap costs £2 or less. Never pay more than our day or weekly ticket price no matter how many journey you take. Click here for Tap & Cap fare charts.
- Exploring solo? Our FirstSingle Adult ticket is only £2.00 on the First Bus App or on bus by cash or contactless and is valid for most single journeys across Essex except for the following school day bus services: 16A, 17, 525, 561, 570, 620, 625, 633 & 725.
- Need to catch a flight? You can travel on our Essex Airlink (X10 & X30) services to Southend or Stansted Airport for only £2 per journey. Tickets available to purchase on the First Bus App or on board from your driver.
Download the First Bus App for busloads of helpful tools - plan your adventure with our Journey Planner, track your bus live on a map, or buy your bus ticket before you travel.
Looking to discover something new?
Busloads of free things to do:
Natural History Museum
Housed in the former All Saints Church, discover more about local wildlife habitats. biodiversity and climate change at this family friendly museum. Crawl through a badgers set and discover mammoth bones and giant prehistoric shark jaws. Free entry.
Catch any Colchester services to get there or put this postcode into the journey planner on our app: CO1 1DN.
Colchester's Castle Park is a large, award-winning, scenic Victorian park set in the heart of Colchester's City Centre. Home to Colchester Castle Museum. It is the perfect spot for a breath of fresh air, quick walk or indeed a leisurely picnic. Throughout the year, a huge range of events takes place in the park from bandstand concerts, shows, festivals and big-name concerts.
Catch any Colchester services to get there or put this postcode into the journey planner on our app: CO1 1UG
Chelmsford Cathedral is an iconic building at the heart of the city with a warm welcome for visitors. Explore the Cathedral's history and artwork and enjoy free Lunchtime Concerts on Fridays too!
Catch any Chelmsford services to get there or put this postcode into the journey planner on our app: CM1 1TY
PC: Chelmsford Cathedral
Nearby and FREE to visit is Hollytrees Museum, an elegant Georgian townhouse packed with treasures including an amazing dolls house which is an exact replica of Hollytrees Museum and its occupants in 1901. Discover three centuries of facinating toys, domestic items and clocks. Home to the VisitColchester Information Centre, the place to buy gifts and souvenirs.
Catch service 104 to get there or put this postcode into the journey planner on our app: CO1 1UG
Busloads of fun things to do:
Explore the wonders of wildlife and discover over 160 of the rarest and most endangered animals on the planet. With over 60 acres of parkland and lakes to explore at Colchester Zoo, experience a wild adventure like no other as you journey from the African plains at Kingdom of the wild to walking underwater at Playa Patagonia to spot Sea Lions dive and swim above you. Enjoy HUGE SAVINGS when you pre-book tickets in advance at www.colchesterzoo.org.
Catch services 75 to get there or put this postcode into the journey planner on our app: CO3 0SL
Eastgate Shopping Centre
In the heart of Basildon, Eastgate Shopping Centre is open 7 days a week and home to over 75 shops like Primark, Asda, JD Sports, River Island, New Look and more. You can also take a break from shopping and enjoy food in eateries such as McDonald's, Muffin Break, Taco Bell, Subway and Neds Noodle Bar. For fun, food and great shopping, visit Eastgate Shopping Centre.
Catch any Basildon services to get there or put this postcode into the journey planner on our app: SS14 1EB
Basildon Towngate Theatre
Towngate Theatre is the hub for the arts at the heart of Basildon. A home for an exciting programme of drama, musicals, comedy, gigs and children's theatre; that builds to fever pitch for panto season at Christmas time. Also boasting a modern and vibrant Theatre Cafe Bar with an extensive food and drink menu available throughout the day and in the evenings. The Towngate offers Essex a fantastic alternative night out, bringing the best of touring productions to the heart of St Martin's Square, Basildon.
Catch any Basildon services to get there or put this postcode into the journey planner on our app: SS14 1DL
Jump Street Chelmsford
Jumpstreet is an ideal spot for family days out, group outings and kids' parties. With 2 centres and over 80,000 square feet of exciting and unique activities they have something for everyone.
Catch services 47, 71 or 371 to get there or put this postcode into the journey planner on our app: CM2 6UA
*Terms & Conditions - £2 Single Fare Cap Scheme
* The £2 single fare is available on most bus routes operated by First Essex Buses except for the following school day bus services: 16A, 17, 525, 561, 570, 620, 625, 633 & 725.
* All adults and child single tickets on eligible routes will cost no more than £2.
* All adults and child return tickets on eligible routes will cost no more than £4.
* £2 single or £4 return tickets available on the X10 & X30 (Essex Airlink) services.
* Tap & Cap fares has a maximum of £2 per tap.
* £2 single fares are available any day and any time.
* Payments can be made via contactless, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Tap & Cap or the First Bus App.
For more details about the scheme please visit Government extends £2 bus fare cap and protects vital services - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)