Have you got some questions regarding the X10 or our Airport services in general? We've got it covered, check out our list of FAQ's below:
- Can you use your concession pass on the X10 and X30? – Yes, normal concession pass terms and conditions apply
- Are tickets available on the First Bus App? – Yes, all X10 and X30 ticket range will be available via mTickets on the First Bus App, meaning you won't have to deal with loose change during the early hours of the morning.
- Can I buy tickets online? - Yes, you can now purchase tickets online our full range of tickets for both the X10 and X30 Airport services are available. To purchase your airport tickets click here. Longer term tickets are also available.
- Can I commute on the X10 to any of the destinations along the route? - Of course, you can buy longer term tickets priced as follows: Adult Week £40.00 / Adult 4 Week £140.00. These tickets are specific to the X10 and X30, however they will allow you to travel on other First Essex services.
- Can you book in advance? – Yes, you can purchase your Online / mTickets in advance of your travel. If you're using an mTicket, just ensure you only activate your ticket when the bus is due to arrive. If you're using online tickets, please ensure you bring the printed out copy of your ticket and bring this with you on the day you travel.
- Will these be coaches like the X30? - No, Brand new state of the art buses will now operate on both the X10 and X30 routes, offering, real leather seats, USB charging points, luggage racks and Wifi.
- Will these new buses look different to the current fleet? - Yes, our Airport services benefits from having its own brand, so you will be able to tell which is an airport bus, and which destination it will be going.
- Can I still use the X10 even if i'm not going to the airport? - Yes of course, it does offer a faster service to and From Basildon - Wickford - Chelmsford
- How often do our Airport services operate? - The X10 offers an hourly service - running over 22 hours a day. 364 days a year - When it combines with the X30 at Chelmsford it will make a half hourly service to Stansted Airport from Chelmsford Bus Station. Our X30 Services also operates a hourly service from Southend, and runs over 22 hours a day 364 days a year. Perfect for those early morning and late night flights!
- Can I take my luggage on board? - Yes of course, special luggage racks are available on both services. There is also no charge for luggage. If you need help with your luggage please ask our helpful and dedicated drivers, who will be happy to assist you.
- How long does it take to Stansted Airport - Between 75 - 80 minutes from Basildon / Between 35 - 40 minutes from Chelmsford, and 1hr 30 mins from Southend to Stansted Airport.