Free Senior Pass
5 reasons why you should consider getting a Senior Pass...
- It's completely free - you have the freedom to travel around South Yorkshire for free between the hours of 09:30 and 23:00 on weekdays, and you can travel for free all day on weekends and Bank Holidays.
- There's a bus when you need it - we run over 500 buses across Sheffield, Doncaster and Rotherham which means your destination is in easy reach.
- Getting on the bus is easy - all of our buses offer low kerbside entry. Simply ask the driver to lower the floor and walk straight on.
- Clean and safe - our fleet is checked daily to make sure it is clean, comfortable and safe, plus our buses come equipped with CCTV for extra security.
- Bus stops are closer than you think - download the free First Bus App to your smartphone and see where your nearest bus stop is, when the next bus is due and how many seats are free!
How do I qualify for a Senior Pass?
To qualify for a pass you need to be a resident of South Yorkshire and of eligible age.
If you are born after 5 April 1950 and before 6 October 1954 you will become eligible for concessionary travel at a date between your 60th and 66th birthdays. If you were born on or after 6 October 1954 you will become eligible on your 66th birthday. Visit travelsouthyorkshire.com for full details, or call Traveline 01709 51 51 51.
How do I get my pass?
You can apply online here : https://travelsouthyorkshire.com/en-gb/ticketsandpasses/senior-pass
Where can I use my pass?
Senior Pass (ENCTS) holders can travel free from 09:30 to 23:00 on weekdays, all day at weekends and on Bank Holidays:
- on local bus services* and trams within South Yorkshire
- in all other parts of England your pass entitles you to travel free on local bus services*
* Local bus services do not include booked excursions and long distance coach travel such as that provided by National Express or Megabus. They may also exclude some special services such as temporary shuttle bus.
Please note that if you travel without your pass you will be asked to pay the full adult fare.
Renewing or replacing your pass
The easiest and quickest way to renew or replace your Senior Pass is online. Simply go to travelsouthyorkshire.com
Blind/Disabled Permit Holders
Free bus travel is available all day, every day. A South Yorkshire mobility pass with the 'eye' symbol on is identified as a blind person's pass.
Travelling with a carer / companion
If you hold a South Yorkshire blind / disabled permit showing the companion symbol, then one companion is entitled to the same concession as the pass holder. You don't have to travel with the same companion every time you use our buses, but your companion does have to get on and off the bus at the same stop as you.
Children & Young People (0-18 Years)
Children Under 5 Children under the age of 5 travel for free on all our buses.
Calling all students!
We understand that things are a little uncertain at the moment and due to the latest government restrictions, your need to travel may have reduced somewhat.
Up to any 5 people can travel all weekend - for just £9!
Tap & Cap
We’ve simplified the bus fares in Doncaster and you can now travel right across the Doncaster zone for just £2 when you get on board with First Bus.
TravelMaster is South Yorkshire's Multi-Operator ticket If you need to travel with more than one bus operator, or even to make journeys by bus, tram and train, then TravelMaster may be the best ticket for you.