Making school travel safe
With children returning to school we have taken additional measures to ensure that they can return safely via First Bus.
We have implemented a daily enhanced cleaning regime across our bus fleet with additional focus on all hand and grab rails. More information can be found on our dedicated COVID web page, click here.
We are still operating our normal services with restricted seating capacity of 50%. We have therefore added some additional buses to our busiest school routes and these services are designed exclusively for school use (route number starts with a S). On these dedicated services the 50% reduced capacity does not apply – wherever possible you should sit with your school ‘bubble’..
Please buy your ticket in advance via the First Bus app. Parents can purchase the ticket and then send the ticket to their child’s phone using Ticket Gifting.
Dedicated school bus services (route number starts with a S)
- The 50% reduced capacity does not apply, the majority of seat are available
- Anyone aged over 11 should wear a face covering on a dedicated school bus service (unless your child is exempt)
- Reduced capacities don’t apply – but wherever possible please sit with your school ‘bubble’
Public bus services
- Reduced capacity with 50% of seats available
- It’s mandatory for anyone aged over 11 to wear a face covering on a public bus service in (unless your child is exempt)
- You should only sit with a member of your own household e.g. a brother or sister. Sorry, you’re not able to sit with your mates
A list of both the exclusive school services and public services are below. To plan your journey to school, you can use our journey planner or view our timetable here.
|First 3 Timetable||Slough - Uxbridge|
|First 6 Timetable||Slough - Knolton Way|
|First 7 Timetable||Britwell- Farnham Road - Slough - Langley - Heathrow|
|First 12/13 Timetable||Slough - Scafell Road - Burnham|
Before traveling, please check our special coronavirus update page for any changes to the running of our services.
View our detailed route maps to see exactly where your journey on one of our services can take you.
We operate 2 routes to Heathrow departing from either Reading or Guildford Train Station.
Services to the Hospital
Do you need to know how to get to the hospital by bus?