Student Tickets and Services
- We continue to operate our services, with 50% of our usual capacity available to support social distancing. For the latest service information please see our Coronavirus Covid19 page ⇒
- It is mandatory to wear a face covering whilst travelling on public transport. This can be a face covering, such as a scarf or a mask if you have one. If you have a medical condition that makes wearing a face covering difficult, E.G. asthma, you are exempt from this. Click here for more information, and tips on how to make your own face covering at home.
It’s easy to get around Aberdeen with First Bus.
Travelling around Aberdeen is easy and affordable with our Student ticket range. Services 1 & 2 run from Bridge of Don to the City Centre and Garthdee, serving both Aberdeen and Robert Gordon Universities.
We understand that your travel habits may have changed due to COVID-19 and you may not travel to campus as frequently. We have a number of flexible ticket options to suit you and your routine - including ticket bundle options on our app.
A number of our services run close to your University, click here to view our network map (note that temporary road closures are not showing on the maps), or for timetable details - click here
Unlimited Travel with our Great Value Student tickets!
From week and month tickets right up to annual passes, we have the ticket that works for you:
|Academic Year||1st September - 30th June||£338 => buy online||n/a|
|Term 1||1st September - 31st January (153 days)||£192 => buy online||n/a|
|Term 2 & 3||31st January - 30th June (150 days)||£161 (ticket available later)||n/a|
|Month||Calendar Month||£54 => buy online||n/a|
|5 Single Journeys||All journeys need to be used within 1 year||£11 => buy online||n/a|
|Week||7 days||£15.50 => buy online||£16|
|Day||Until end of service on the day activated||£3.70 => buy online||£3.80|
Don't forget who you are: To travel with one of our great value student tickets you will need to show a valid matriculation card for Robert Gordon's University, University of Aberdeen, NESCOL or SRUC with your ticket every time you use the bus - you won't be able to travel without it! So, for great value bus travel think ticket and matriculation card and off you go!
Travelling with First Bus is easy!
- Our simple to use First Bus App means you can purchase your ticket before you travel and no need to carry a paper ticket - you just need your smart phone!
- Track the bus with the First Bus App so you arrive when it does - have an extra 10 minutes in bed instead of waiting at the bus stop!
- Stay connected and use the free wi-fi to update your status on Facebook, check emails and tweet whilst you travel
- Most of our buses come equipped with CCTV and low kerbside entry for those with limited mobility.
Buying your tickets is a breeze
Download our First Bus App for Android and Apple devices and you’ll barely have to swipe a finger.
We accept contactless payments (including Android and Apple Pay) on all our buses for transactions under £30.
Use any of these services to get about the city
University of Aberdeen
If you're a student in Aberdeen - there's no better way to get around than with First!
Ticket gifting is now live in our app.
Young Scot card scheme
The Young Scot is a free card for all young people aged 11-26, find out more.
A new ticket designed to make bus travel in the City and Shire more convenient.
There is a national, Scotland wide concessionary scheme.