Making school travel safe
Back to school? Let's get there together!
With children returning to school we have taken additional measures to ensure that they can return safely via First Bus.
We have implemented a daily enhanced cleaning regime across our bus fleet with additional focus on all hand and grab rails. We are also still operating our normal services with reduced capacity to allow for social distancing. More information can be found on our dedicated COVID web page, click here.
We have some new features available to help you on your journey:
- Live capacity tracking on the First Bus App - track where your bus is, how far it is from your stop, and how many seats are free. You can download our app here!
- Space Checker on our website here - check your service for the busiest and quietest times to travel, so you can choose the best time to suit you.
- Ticket Gifting on the First Bus App - Parents can purchase the ticket and then send the ticket to their child’s phone using Ticket Gifting, click here to download the app.
- Reduced capacity to allow for social distancing. You can live track the bus on the map and see the buses capacity in real-time all through the First Bus App.
- It’s mandatory for anyone aged 5 or over to wear a face covering on a public bus service (unless your child is exempt).
- You need to socially distance on board - you should only sit with a member of your own household e.g. a brother or sister. Sorry, you’re not able to sit with your mates.
- Follow the on-board signs and seat tape to find an available seat.
- Standing will not be allowed on our buses.
- You can pay with contactless on board our buses, or you can buy your ticket in advance on the First Bus App. If buying for a child, certain tickets can be gifted; this means that, whilst you complete payment, the tickets are delivered directly to your childs phone. Find out more about gifting tickets here.
Tickets and fares:
If you're aged between 16 and 18, you can use you Young Scot NEC Card to get discounted bus travel on adult single fares. You would simply scan your card or show it to the bus driver when buying your ticket and you will be able to get a third off of the adult fare. When using your Young Scot NEC Card to access this discount you will have to pay for your fare in cash as we cannot accept contactless payments for this discount. Transport Scotland are working to resolve this technical issue with the suppliers and apologise for any inconvenience caused in the meantime. For further information, please visit Young Scot here.
Vaccination Centre Travel Guide
Our services are available for those who need to attend appointments at Vaccination Centres.
Plan a quiet journey with Space Checker We'd like to introduce you to Space Checker, the brand new tool from First Bus to help you plan ahead and travel with confidence.
Coronavirus information – First Aberdeen Thank you for continuing to travel with First Bus.
Plan your bus journey here.
Explore By Bus
Plan fun-filled days out from strolling through beautiful parks, learning more about this historic city in our museums, visiting family friendly attractions to action packed activity centres.
Shopping Centres Union Square Aberdeen’s largest shopping and leisure destination, Union Square has plenty to offer with shops, restaurants, spa’s, hairdressers and even Cineworld!
Got any plans?
Next Bus - Aberdeen Finding Aberdeen buses is easy with First Bus.