Bus driver recruitment - find out how to apply!
Join the First team!
Trainee drivers will be paid £10.80 per hour after training (approx 4/5 weeks).
We are currently recruiting for Trainee & PCV Licence holders to join our team, based at our King Street depot in Aberdeen.
Full-time postions (minimum 38 hours per week) are available. Click on the "Driver Full-time" below to apply NOW. Application form takes two minutes to complete.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who is a good communicator, gets on well with people with great customer service skills. You must be patient, a safe driver, reliable and calm under pressure. Happy to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
About the roles
Being a Bus Driver with First Aberdeen is about more than just driving. It’s about putting your excellent customer service skills to work. Connecting people and keeping entire communities moving in a congested world is a huge challenge – but it’s also very rewarding. We'll provide you with the support you need along the way.
The application process consists of an online questionaire, interview and assessment followed by medical checks.
- Trainee drivers will be paid £10.80 per hour after training (approx 4/5 weeks). During training you will be paid between £10.00 per hour
- Auto-enrolment into a company pension scheme, which includes life insurance
- Employee Share Save & Rewards Schemes
- Paid annual leave plus public holidays
- Unlimited bus travel for you and your family members (subject to conditions)
- Smart uniform provided
- Free continuous development towards renewing the Driver Qualification Card through the Driver CPC
- Excellent social and leisure facilities.
- Each year, you can purchase 20 FirstWeek bus scratchcard tickets, at £8 each
- Rail travel, e.g. Aberdeen/Edinburgh to London for £6
- 48 x 1 Day Rover rail tickets for Great Western Railway, Trans Pennine Express, Avanti West Coast or SWR. These cost £6 per adult and £3 per child.
Our application process
If you're 18 years of age and are a PCV holder (for Qualified Bus Driver positions) with no more than three points on your licence, we'd love to hear from you.
As a trainee driver you will earn £10.10 per hour, as a qualified driver this will increase to £10.80 per hour and the working hours are 38 per week.
Welcome to your First bus Aberdeen network maps.
See what we're doing with your feedback
We've introduced 'Tell First Bus' so you can tell us how you feel about travelling with us.
We've worked to create our very own Kids Pack, designed around the framework for Cirriculum for Excellence, designed to help families, parents, teachers and schools!
Extra Help to Travel
We know that for some of our customers, travelling by bus can be a little daunting, so we’ve been working with many disability groups around the UK to design some cards that you can print out